Some of the various Green Food categories are:
* Cereal grasses-wheatgrass juice, barley grass juice, oat grass juice
* Algae-chlorella, spirulina
* Cruciferous Vegetables-broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussels sprouts
* Leafy Greens-kale, collards, spinich, watercress
* Sprouts-from vegetables such as broccoli, alfalfa, radishes
*Water plants (sea vegetables)-edible seaweeds such as kelp, nori, dulse
Some of the primary beneficial nutrients and components of Green Foods are:
*Chlorophyll – It’s the "Blood" in plants and when ingested by us, it helps increase the uptake of oxygen in the blood and tissues.
* Enzymes – Essential for the digestion of everything that passes through the intestinal tract.
* Alkalizing properties – The human body’s desired state is that of slight alkalinity. But most foods we eat are acidic. Green Vegetables are slightly alkaline and help flush the lactic acid from the body and prevents the kidneys from pulling mineral stores from the bone and tissues to combat acidity.
* Phytochemicals – Plant compounds that protect us from disease and help aid various bodily processes and functions.
* Fiber – "Nature’s Broom". Green foods are excellent sources of both soluble and insoluble fiber, which help to move food through the digestive system and aid in proper elimination.