Here are some of the major benefits of Weight and Resistance Training:
* Increases the number of calories you burn at rest, including plenty of fat calories.
* Lowers levels of homocysteine, a protein linked to dimentia and alzheimer’s disease.
* Reduces the risk of stroke and heart disease.
* Improves short and long term memory.
* Helps with bone density.
* Lessens oxidative cell damage, a key component of cancer and other diseases.
* Reduces symptoms of depression.
So whether it’s hand weights, barbell weights, exercise tubing/fitness bands, or your own body weight as resistance, incorporating this into your daily workout routine is essential.