It’s all about slimming down your inner (adductor muscles) and outer (abductor muscles) thighs. You’ll also want to incorporate some front thigh (quadriceps muscles) and back of the leg (hamstring muscles) too for the complete toned up look.
So, I want you to do these 4 resistance/weight bearing type exercises at least 3x per week for your thighs/legs, along with a daily cardio (at least 30 min.) routine for all around fat loss (jogging, stationary bike, elliptical etc.)
1. Lie on your side and lean up on your elbow. Place your top foot over your lower thigh.
2. Maintaining this position and raise your lower leg keeping it straight.
3. Repeat for 25 repetitions and then repeat with the other leg. 3 Sets each leg.
Hip Abduction with Ankle Tube
1. Place an ankle tube around your ankles and stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
2. Slowly extend one leg out to the side and then bring back to the starting position and repeat.
3. Keeping your hips level repeat to the other side for 25 repetitions. 3 sets each leg.
Stationary Body Weight Lateral Lunge/Squat
1. Start by placing your hands behind your head and your feet placed with a wide stance.
2. Shift your weight and hips to one side and squat down so that your hips drop down behind that foot.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat the same movement to the other side.
4. Alternate this movement back and forth completing 50 total repetitions (25 each side). 3 complete sets.
Prone Hamstring Curl with Ball
1. Lie on your stomach and place a stability ball or large medicine ball between your legs and hold it with the inside of your lower leg.
2. Curl your legs up while holding the ball until the ball reaches your butt.
3. Return to the starting position, and repeat for 25 repetitions. 3 sets.
For more "Thunder Thigh" exercises, diet tips, and motivational techniques:
"Tight, Tone, and Trim: How to get rid of Cankles, Bat Wings, Thunder Thighs, and Muffin Tops" is my new book available for the ladies.
Click here to order! https://www.amazon.com/author/
(Jack Witt is a Health and Fitness Coach providing In Home Personal Training, Personal Training at Private Fitness Centers in the North Hollywood, Burbank, Studio City, Sherman Oaks areas, as well as Worksite Health Programs, Corporate Wellness, Life Coaching Products, Keynote Speaking, and Group Exercise Classes.)