1. Sit on the edge of your bed after waking up with your hands palm down and arms
straight. Slowly lift each knee up towards your chest one at a time. Perform 2
rounds of 25 repetitions each side.
2. Now, stand up and turn around and face your bed. Place hands on top and keeping your legs
straight kick back into a hip extension and return back to starting position.
Perform 2 sets of 25 repetitions each leg.
3. Remain standing, turn sideways, one hand on the hip,
the other on the bed, and kick the outer leg up to about 45 degrees, keeping in
straight and return. Perform 2 sets of 25 repetitions each side. Let’s move on
to some upper body now.
4. On to the floor for some basic push ups. Girls, you can
do these alternate style on your knees. Perform 2 rounds of 15 repetitions (or
5. Now my favorite part … some abs! Lay down on your back, legs straight,
arms straight and back over your head. Proceed into a sit up while tucking your
chin into your chest and reaching with your arms towards your shin/feet. Try to
touch your feet if you can, but a touch below the knee is fine. Now, come back
to original laying position slowly, feeling each vertebrae as you descend back
down. Perform 2 sets of 15 repetitions on these.
6. Last, let’s end with some cardio to get the heart beating healthy and the blood oxygenated and flowing.
Snap up and give me 2 rounds of 30 jumping jacks. There you have it … you’re ready
to seize the day and make the most of the hectic holiday season while staying
in shape and feeling great!
(Jack Witt is a Health and Fitness Coach providing In Home Personal Training, Personal Training at Private Fitness Centers in the North Hollywood, Burbank, Studio City, Sherman Oaks areas, as well as Worksite Health Programs, Corporate Wellness, Life Coaching Products, and Group Exercise Classes)