Here are some exercises you can do to ship shape up your calf and ankle area:
Standing Calf Raise
1) Start position: Stand with feet hip width apart leaning against a ball or standing on the edge of a step while holding on to something, while the balls of your feet with heels are hanging over the edge. Toes should be pointing forward.
2) Contract calves by pushing off balls of feet to raise heels up in air (standing on toes)
3) Lower heels and repeat.
4) Remember to keep knees slightly bent throughout movement to prevent any knee strain.
Seated Calf Raise with DBs
1) Sit in an upright position with the knees placed at 90 degrees. Position balls of feet on step or any ledge(heels should be off of step). Knees should be directly over the ankles (knees bent at 90°). Place a dumbell or some kind of weight on top of each thigh just behind your knees.
2) Start position: Raise heels up by pushing off the balls of feet.
3) Lower heels to below level of step.
4) Raise weight by pushing off balls of feet so that heels are above level of step.
5) Remember to sit upright with back and head straight in a neutral position.
Jump Rope (basic 2 feet)
Start with the jump rope in each hand.
Jump off the ground and start swinging the jump rope under your feet.
Continue jumping up and down as you bring the jump rope under your feet.
Start with your legs side by side and your arms by your side.
In one motion jump and spread your legs out to the side while your arms raise out and up over your head.
Land in this position and then return to the starting position and repeat.
10,000 step walking
This is a stepping program where you use a pedometer to count your steps in a day. It could be running or plyometrics, or anything that has you active and taking steps.
While it’s difficult to "spot train" fat off certain areas, these exercises will get you on the right track with ample cardio and aerobics and shape up your calves and ankles while bringing out those tone lines!
For more "Cankle" exercises, diet tips, and motivational techniques:
"Tight, Tone, and Trim: How to get rid of Cankles, Bat Wings, Thunder Thighs, and Muffin Tops" is my new book available for the ladies.
Click here to order! https://www.amazon.com/author/
(Jack Witt is a Health and Fitness Coach providing In Home Personal Training, Personal Training at Private Fitness Centers in the North Hollywood, Burbank, Studio City, Sherman Oaks areas, as well as Worksite Health Programs, Corporate Wellness, Life Coaching Products, Keynote Speaking, and Group Exercise Classes.)